Wow, I think my blog is suffering from lack-of-postitis. It is quite indicative of my life. Too busy for anything for me. Aside from my 1/2 hour-a-day gym appointments, I’ve really begun to neglect my life.
“I’ll get to it, tomorrow,” has become my motto. Not because I like procrastinating, but because I just run out of time in the day. My “me” time has become an hour or two staring mindlessly at the computer, but not having the brain cells to really write anything.
Sooo, I’ve been thinking: I should set some goals for myself. I’m not going to call them resolutions, but I guess they are. I just find myself, without school for a week, with more than five minutes to think about myself.
1. I want to go to church Wednesday evenings. To some of you, that might sound like a snooze-fest; however, I need to be around other believers and need that mid-week feast of spiritual food. I’d also like to get to know folks from my new church. (Which brings me to #2.)
2. I am sorely lacking a social life. Ever since my best friend moved away a little over two years ago, I’ve not really had anyone to just pal around with. I need some female friends with whom I can just hang out with once in a while.
3. I’ve also been lacking in the romance department (blushing). I’m not real good with men. I like them, but I didn’t grow up with an example of a godly Christian man under my roof. I am not good with conversation and I’m a big fat geek. So, I’d like to work on all of that, too. I won’t tell you how long it has been since I had a date, but it would be a highly pluralized number. To be honest, it has been a very long time since a man has even been interested in me, but it can’t hurt to try and I’m really tired of being alone. I thought it would get easier as I got older, but it is harder. Go figure.
4. Tweak the diet, again. No need to explain that one to death.
5. Weekends are for me…NOT SCHOOL! The end.