Not that John Edwards has a chance, but he’s got the “let-the-government-run-your-life” list growing and so I thought I’d take a look. Here are his promises to:
- ask Americans to make the sacrifice of paying higher taxes
- have the federal government underwrite universal pre-kindergarten
- create matching savings accounts for low-income people
- mandate a minimum wage of $9.50 per hour
- provide a million new Section 8 housing vouchers for the poor
- provide college for everyone
- end the Iraq war
- provide universal healthcare
- To overhaul the American energy system
He states that he wants to do this “to do something about economic inequality.” To do this (as I stated above) he will raise taxes, increase capital gains taxes, well, according the article I’ve linked, “taxes on wealth income will be in line with those on work income.”
Two other things stood out to me ( in addition to the insanity listed above). Edwards said that the rich have to “give back” and that “there are no free meals.
1. If Edwards has his way, I will need the Section 8 housing vouchers.
2. If Edwards gets everything else, I will not have money left in my paycheck to pay my bills…including school loans, which I doubt will be grandfathered into his “college for everyone” bull-pucky.
3. I will need free meals.
4. If it wasn’t for the rich, there’d be fewer jobs created. Take away their money, and they won’t buy the things that provide jobs…they won’t even be able to keep lawyers like you, Johnny, on retainer. (You know this already, bonehead: To keep wealth, you have to create wealth. You see where I’m going here, right?)
I’m glad he’s too dumb to win and too busy posing for the cameras to realize that he won’t get elected. If he got elected, I’d make good on a promise to move elsewhere…even Canada and Europe aren’t as Socialistic as he wants to be. New “New Deal,” my ass…try rotten deal. (We are still paying for that new deal, btw.)
(H/T: Concord Monitor)
If I’m going to part with my money for some insane venture, I’ll go the Invincible Donovan University and get my PhD in smoking something really good…well, Arnold says it is just a leaf.