Uh-oh…she’s been thinkin’…
1. Who decided what normal/beautiful/popular/hip is? Just wondering. I was just looking at something online and wondering why? (Vague, I know, but whatever.)
2. This happens every Sunday night. I spend the weekend recovering from the week. For all my healthy strides, I still get a little fatigued and if I don’t rest, I get rundown and then I get sick, especially in the winter months. Well, in the summer months I don’t have to work. heh. Anyway, Sunday night rolls around and I get anxious. The can’t-sleep-anxiousness. I’m not even thinking about anything important (see #1), but I’m in knots.
3. I’m looking for a house. I’ve been looking for a while, but didn’t want to mention it until it seemed really certain I’d be getting one. Just wish I didn’t have to stay in NJ. However, if this is where God wants me, I’ll be blessed here. (The knot just got tighter–could be the NJ property taxes.) I am looking forward to having a real kitchen, where I cook lots of good things and be able to bake my Christmas cookies, again. I can have people over. I will have to find people, of course, but I will have people over. The Earps are first on my list.
4. I need a man. Just thought I’d mention it. I feel the need to say it every now and then. I figure it will pass when I’m in my fifties or something. Hey, every church needs a spinster, right? I ain’t gonna have blue hair, though. Perhaps pink, but not blue.
5. The church I have been to the past couple of weeks has a “Bible Institute” attached to it. I’m thinking of taking a class. It doesn’t begin until 7:30 p.m., though. That’s when I’m usually fighting sleep. I’ve become an old fart. I used to have a friend who always went to bed really early and I used to make fun of him. Now I am that person. Yeah, ironic given it is 11:13 p.m. and I’m wide awake. (See #2.)
6. You ever watch the cooking and fashion/decorating type shows? I realize people have passions, but hissy fits and staking your self-worth on that stuff? Eh…don’t get it. Even though my job consumes my life, I enjoy when I don’t have to be “the teacher”.
7. Okay, this is long; I’m rambling. I’m just gonna go celebrate the one very brief period in time that I will ever be #1 on an NCAA bracket. Of course, it is the one time in recent years that it is not for money (it’s on Facebook). Again…gotta like the irony.